Nypel® Polyamide Resins
What is Nypel and how will it help your sustainability goals?
Nypel polyamide (nylon) resins from BASF are compounds that contain post-consumer recycled (PCR) and/or post-industrial recycled (PIR) materials. They are specially formulated to combine quality, performance and processability and can be used in injection molding and/or extrusion applications.
Nypel resins have overall balance of strength, stiffness and toughness combined with excellent chemical and abrasion resistance.
Key Advantages of Nypel
- Reduce C02 footprint
- Versatility in material and application
- Colorability with select grades
- High strength and rigidity
- Very good impact strength
- Outstanding resistance to chemicals
- Dimensional stability
- Simple processing
Nypel is a versatile material that has numerous applications across a wide range of industries. Its unique properties make it a popular choice for manufacturers who want to enhance the performance and durability of their products. From automotive to consumer goods, Nypel has the potential to revolutionize in a sustainable way how products are created and manufactured.
Nypel is the ideal fit for air intake manifolds (AIM) applications for the transportation powertrain segment. They are vital components of the internal combustion engine’s air induction system.
Other automotive applications of Nypel are:
- Engine beauty covers
- Shield, shrouds, and components that need improved flatness and appearance
- Cylinder head covers, cam covers, valve covers
- Trim, pedal system, mirrors
- Oil system components
Nypel furniture grades offer great design freedom with a wide range of color options while meeting demanding mechanical performance requirements.
Solve your design challenges with these Nypel benefits:
- Uncolored version has wide range of pigmenting options
- High strength and toughness to meet BIFMA end-use application tests
- Supports furniture industry sustainability programs such as BIFMA LEVEL certification and green building LEED credits