Around the world, BASF technical experts in plastic additives are hard at work to meet present and future customer needs with creative, cost-effective and sustainable technological solutions. The main focus is on systems and solutions that are comprised of:
- Antioxidants that deliver superior long-term thermal stability affording reliable durability
- Process stabilizers that provide improved processability in demanding applications with polymers that have been designed for improved strength and durability
- Light stabilizers that enable plastics to maintain their properties during prolonged outdoor exposure
- Halogen-free flame retardants that replace brominated flame retardants in selected applications
- Additives that add functionality and efficiency to products and processes
The ability to simulate all relevant plastic applications in our laboratories helps us to better understand our customers’ requirements and needs. Our testing and analytical capabilities are essential for trouble shooting and development of new solutions.
We maintain a close collaboration not only between our own teams and with all our partners in the plastic industry, but also with universities, technical institutes and key trade and technical associations, to provide new solutions for our customers. The application support is organized on a regional basis. If you need recommendations for specific applications or performance requirements, please contact.