Autofroth® PU: Low-Pressure, Rigid Polyurethane(PU) Foam Systems
Autofroth® specially formulated foam chemical systems take full advantage of the pressurized dispensing equipment's capabilities. Chemicals are produced in a broad range of rigid two-component formulations, each designed for specific application requirements.
Autofroth® polyurethane foam systems are specially formulated to meet and exceed customer needs in commercial refrigeration, marine, refrigerated trucking (reefer), and countless other applications.
Backed by field-proven performance and BASF’s world-class expertise in chemistry, Autofroth® offers a cost-effective alternative to conventional high-pressure polyurethane foam systems.
What are Autofroth® systems?
Autofroth® are two-component, specialized polyurethane foam systems dispensed under low pressure using BASF equipment.
Here’s how it works:
1. Nitrogen pressure “pumps” each polyurethane component through the dispensing gun.
2. Each flow controller dispenses the component at the desired ratio.
3. The two components combine in a static mixer, which helps maintain the foam’s consistent texture and pattern.
BASF Autofroth® foam systems can be supplied in portable pressurized tanks, eliminating the need to dispose of totes or drums. The Autofroth® systems offer simplified setup, processing and maintenance — all supported by the dedicated service team at BASF.
Autofroth® Foam Systems: Features and Benefits
- Simple and cost-effective to set up
- Returnable portable tanks are available, eliminating drum or tote disposal
- Dispensing equipment can be set up as a portable or permanent system
- Blowing agents include zero Ozone Depletion Potential and Low Global Warming Potential
- Quality control options include programmable timers, ratio monitors, and data acquisition
- No pumps, heat exchangers, or mechanical mixers required
Tailor-made for indivisual needs: We support our customers in developing application-oriented solutions