Ultraform® PRO (POM) & Ultradur® PRO (PBT) at a glance
BASF @ K 2022
Visit our website!
High performance plastics with highest formulation consistency
We offer engineering plastics that have been optimized not only for medical applications (PRO = Profile covered Raw materials Only) but also with a comprehensive service package that guarantees formulation consistency and safety – from the raw material through to the patient.
Ultraform® PRO (POM, copolymeric polyoxymethylene) is a semi-crystalline copolymeric engineering plastic.
- High crystallinity
- Ideal combination of strength, stiffness and toughness
- Outstanding tribological properties, i. e. low friction and wear, very good sliding properties
- Excellent thermal and oxidative stability,
high resistance to heat deflection (continuous temperatures of up to 100 °C)
- Very good resilience (spring properties)
- High dimensional precision and stability
- Excellent chemical and hydrolysis resistance
- Good processability
|N2320 003 PRO AT||Standard flow, unreinforced / unfilled|
|S1320 PRO AT||Easy flow, unreinforced / unfilled, increased stiffness|
|S2320 003 PRO AT||Easy flow, unreinforced / unfilled|
|S2320 003 PRO TR AT||Easy flow, tribological modified|
|W2320 003 PRO AT||Very easy flow, unreinforced / unfilled|
Ultradur® PRO (PBT, polybutylene terephthalate) is a semi-crystalline engineering plastic, which is part of the polyester family of resins.
- High dimensional stability due to improved shrinkage behavior
- Ideal sliding and wear resistance
- Broad chemical resistance to polar and non-polar solvents
- High reproducibility and accuracy in molding parts
- Low water / moisture absorption
- Excellent heat aging behavior
- Good moldability with fast cycles
|B4521 PRO||Standard flow, unreinforced / unfilled|
|B4521 PRO TR||Standard flow, tribological modified|
Tribological modified Ultraform® PRO TR and Ultradur® PRO TR grades are including a special lubricant which offers improved siding properties in terms of exceptional low friction and low wear properties for complex mechanical devices.
- No squeaking or noise while being used
- Suitable for dry run applications
- No external lubrication required - elimination of post siliconization process steps in production
- No running-in effects
- Smooth-running operation from the beginning
- Low breakaway forces