Cable Sheathing made of Elastollan®
BASF @ K 2022
Visit our website!
The areas in which Elastollan® can be used as sheathing are as manifold as its properties, since it meets the stringent protective requirements for power and control cables.
Elastollan® cable sheathings are used in the automotive industry and in machinery construction. The plastic is also used for special cables used on oil rigs, in power stations and in airport apron areas. BASF offers consistently high product quality and batch-to-batch consistency, setting the standard in the extrusion of cable sheathings in terms of cost effectiveness and processing reliability.
Key Properties of Elastollan®
- Can be used across a broad range of temperatures
- High resistance to cuts and tear propagation
- Resistant to microbes and environmental factors such as ozone, UV and weather
- Hydrolysis, oil and chemical resistant
- Very good adhesion properties between the connector/bushing and sheathing
Special Elastollan® Types are also:
- Flame retardant, without the use of halogens
- Adapted to matte surfaces
- Automotive cables: antilock braking system (ABS), electronic stability control (ESC), traction control system (TCS), battery cables
- Trailing cables in automation
- Feed lines for robots and handling equipment
- Supplying power to construction machines and devices
- Consumer electronics
- Exploration of raw materials
- Special cables for wind power plants, medical devices and rail vehicles
Examples of Use of Elastollan® in Multiple Industries
Our Service Package
We offer our customers a comprehensive range of services with leading technologies and products. Find the service that matches your needs!
Tailor-made for individual needs: We support our customers in developing application-oriented solutions.