High-quality and ultra versatile adhesive solutions
Elastan® is a MDI-based binder/adhesive in the form of one or two component systems for various applications and substrates. BASF offers a complete portfolio of adhesives for sandwich panels, outdoor flooring binder solutions, woodfibre insulation panels and as adhesion promoter.
The best solutions result from dialogue and cooperation. That is why BASF is always close to the markets and customers worldwide, creating products which exactly meet their individual requirements. In this well proven way we have also developed and expanded our portfolio of binders and adhesives applicable for various application areas.
Key Advantages of Elastan®
- Offered as filled and unfilled 2-component- or 1-component systems
- Cover all common methods of application: spraying, rake, wiping, high pressure/low pressure and manual
- Adjusted for continuous and discontinuous production
- Excellent bonding properties
Elastan® for PU and non-PU sandwich panels
Everything from one source: BASF offers a complete portfolio of Elastan® adhesives for construction elements. Our adhesives are ideally suited for a wide range of different core and facing materials such as PU foam, mineral wool, glass wool, EPS (expanded polystyrol) as well as metal and fiberglass-reinforced polyester.
The new adhesive systems for construction elements are offered as filled and unfilled 2-component or 1-component systems. They are adjusted for continuous and discontinuous production. BASF ensures the correct production parameters and accordingly a high-end product quality.
Elastan as adhesion promoter for PIR systems
The Elastan® adhesion promoter for Elastopir® systems is used in the production process to improve the quality of sandwich panels.
Our 2-component adhesion promotors series Elastan 6541 (unfilled) and Elastan 6542 (filled) ensure
- Excellent properties to overcome adhesion problems when manufacturing PIR insulation panels
- Best possible bonding of metal facings to a PIR core and ensure best performance of the sandwich panels even at different environmental temperatures
Optimized, efficient production technologies for best product quality
BASF adhesives can be used with all common process technologies. We offer highly advanced products and a complete portfolio for customers to choose the most efficient material combination running on the most suitable technology.
The rotating disc is an exclusive BASF development that represents real added value for all customers. The rotating disc guarantees an ideal material distribution of the polyurethane binder Elastan® during production, because an optimised geometry allows the polyurethane binder to be distributed particularly evenly over the entire width of the cover layer material. The result is a particularly high quality of the end product. In addition, the technology is aerosol-free, enables efficient material use and causes less dirt.
All our systems are currently compatible with the jetstream technology. In order to produce superior quality sandwich panels jetstream is the high-tech choice for your production.
Mainly used for filled systems, this technique is also suitable for specific unfilled systems. An oscillating rake or poker ensures even application of the adhesive over the entire width of the mineral wool panels.To obtain the best quality in the production of sandwich elements, we offer process technology support in addition to our polyurethane systems. The patented rake technology makes the production of high-quality polyurethane sandwich elements more stable and economical. The rake sets developed for different dispensing rates replace conventional application devices and can be selected precisely to the element to be produced.
Elastan® binders for outdoor flooring solutions: Outperforming, save and flexible
With Elastan®, BASF provides a high-quality polyurethane binder portfolio for a wide range of applications in outdoor flooring. Our portfolio offers versatile and tailored solutions in a variety of application areas.
Application areas for Elastan® binders
- Sports fields
- Children´s play grounds
- Running tracks
- Artificial turf
- Multi-purpose areas
- Landscape gardening
- Rubber mulch
- Anti-slip or decorative edgings e.g pool borders, balconies
What we offer:
- Outstanding bond strength to various substrate materials like natural and synthetic rubber materials (e.g. SBR, EPDM), inorganic flooring materials (e.g. stones), synthetic polymer beads and particles (e.g. Infinergy®/ E-TPU, EPS, XPS, plastics), natural based materials like wood and cork
- Perfect cushioning mitigates the risk of injuries for children in parks and for athletes on running tracks thanks to finetuned elasticity and shock absorption
- Technical competence enables our customers to fulfill the requirements of international certifications such as DIN EN 14877:2013, DIN 18035/7 and sports federations like IAAF
- Resilience to challenging climate conditions
- Our binders contribute to sustainability by bonding a variety of recycled materials from old tires, rigid foam and flexible foam
- Flexibility in design in terms of various colour, shape and pattern combinations
- Adjustable properties of binder material in terms of stiffness and flexibility as well as hardness and softness
- Easy to apply one-component prepolymer systems
- Solvent and heavy metal free product
Elastan® binders for woodfibre insulation panels
The trend towards more ecological construction and sustainable materials drives the demand for wood fibre insulation materials.
Our 1-component PU binder is used in the dry process for the production of stable wood fibre insulation boards. Elastan® enables excellent bonding which adds significantly to the good mechanical properties of the insulation board.
More details on the process technology:
- Elastan® is designed for a continuous production process
- The binder material can be applied on the fibres in a spray process for optimized adhesive utilization
- Elastan® ensures complete wetting of all fibres or the substrate due to its optimal viscosity
- BASF's binder offers excellent processing properties and a broad processing window
Using our binder does not influence the recyclability of the endproduct! Any production waste can be shredded and returned to the production process of wood fibre insulation boards