Chemical Recycling, turning trash into treasure
Looking for recycling solutions? Chemical Recycling is the answer for your plastic waste streams that cannot be not recycled mechanically for technological, economic, or ecological reasons. During the process, the polymer chains of the plastics are chemically broken down into basic building blocks which can be used by the chemical industry as raw materials to make products. These have exactly the same properties as products made from fossil resources, which enables you to use them in applications with high demands on quality, hygiene and performance.
As part of BASF's ChemCyclingTM project, our technology partners turn plastic waste into pyrolysis oil that we use to replace fossil resources throughout the value chain—turning trash into treasured materials.
You can also allocate recycled-based feedstock for your products with a verified mass balance approach, while ensuring the same high quality you've always delivered.
Life Cycle Assessment for ChemCycling
Evaluate the environmental impact of chemically recycled products made by BASF. Specifically, you can compare CO2 emissions between Ultramid® production from end-of-life tire pyrolysis oil and naphtha.
Ultramid® B3WG6 Ccycled
Application: Front-end carriers
- Recycling of post-consumer plastic waste
- Turning pyrolysis oil derived from waste plastics into virgin-grade high performance products
- Reduced CO2 emission, proven by Life Cycle Assessment
- Saving fossil resources
Ultramid® B3EG6 Ccycled™
Application: Office furniture
- The input material is post-consumer waste generated during the manufacture of electronics, that would have normally been incinerated
- Replaces fossil-based feedstocks, reducing demand on non-renewable resources
- Diverts waste from landfill or incineration, increasing recycle rates
- Creates new loops, supporting a circular economy
- Identical properties to 100% fossil derived products